-
September 13th, 2005, 04:23 PM
#1
Inactive Member
Nice pictures! We probably have the room to display a few more of our dolls in the house but I am a devout rotater of our AG historical collection. I just don't like the clutter and prefer the open space. The rotations give me an excuse to regularly play with the dolls (putting away, taking out--what a high I get!), and it allows my DDs the opportunity to rediscover our AGs and the rest of our treasures they forgot we had.
Right now Felicity and Elizabeth are the girls of the house and I am planning to bring Samantha and Nellie out for Christmas. Still awaiting our most recent Felicity/Elizabeth order from AG....
<font color="#051E50" size="1">[ September 13, 2005 01:24 PM: Message edited by: 4liesel ]</font>
-
September 13th, 2005, 05:04 PM
#2
Inactive Member
I recently added a "riser" to the top of my bookcase, so I could see the back row of my dolls! (I got tired of having to rotate who got to be on the front row!) All I did was place a couple of sturdy flip-top type of shoeboxes on edge next to the wall, and stand my dolls on top! Cheap, but effective; and the long dresses of the front-row girls cover the boxes. Well, it will do until spring... [img]smile.gif[/img]
-
September 13th, 2005, 05:55 PM
#3
Inactive Member
I keep my Historical dolls on a long narrow table. This table opens to seat more people than our dinning room table. Since I don't cook that often, this table is not used much. I hope to be able to fit Kit with the others if she arrives for Christmas. I have two child size rocking chairs beside the fireplace and two modern girls sit on each chair. I have a very old cedar chest that belonged to my DH's grandmother. DH made me two sets of risers and I now have 23 dolls standing on the cedar chest. I have a small NA rug on the floor in front of the cedar chest and Kaya, Steps High, Penney and Palomino plus a doll dresses in a western outfit are on the rug.This is all in our living room. I sometimes move some of the dolls to sit on the sofa in the living room. We never use our living room unless we have company so this works out well for me. My bird lives in the living room and she likes the little people for company!
-
September 13th, 2005, 05:59 PM
#4
Inactive Member
My parents have a beautiful house from 1895 that they're putting a lot of work into. Someday, it will be my house, we plan to keep it in the family. Anyway we have an attic that used to be...a ballroom. It's enormous, seriously, at least three times the size of my apartment. My parents have told me that a large part of the attic will be devoted my AG collection with everything fully displayed. My dad even wants to paint each girls' face over her area.When that day arrives, I will be the luckiest girl EVER. Until then, the girls are a little squished on my bookshelves, and the rest of the collection is in Rubbermaid containers under my bed. The place I recommend for storing dolls when you don't have bookshelves, is to get a beanbag chair and sit them all on it together. I did that in my old house, and it worked perfectly, it didn't take up much room, but it kept them all out, and provided extra seating, just in case [img]wink.gif[/img]
-
September 13th, 2005, 06:04 PM
#5
Inactive Member
he says " those dolls kind of freak me out, they look like they are going to start blinking and walking off their stands at any moment" hehe <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">All my dolls are displayed in the guest room---on the trunk at the foot of the bed, along the wall with Scenes and Settings, on the dresser and on GOML display shelves on the bureau. My adult son who visits occasionally thinks it's CREEPY too---says all those eyes staring at him makes him feel like he's sleeping in a wax museum. HAHAA
-
September 14th, 2005, 03:28 AM
#6
Inactive Member
Just a question... how do you all display your dolls? I am honestly running out of room, but don't know the meaning of " quit buying"... hehe do you place a few out and rotate them, do you sit them all on a shelf, bed, etc? My room has a slanted ceiling so there isn't a whole lot of space... until I move that is! [img]smile.gif[/img] Right now I have 5 displayed and have 4 in their boxes still, due to lack of room... anyone have any suggestions? [img]smile.gif[/img]
-
September 14th, 2005, 03:38 AM
#7
Inactive Member
I also have a slanted cieling- what a cramp!
Here is my doll area- http://homepage.mac.com/civicsista/A...toAlbum61.html
Tracy
-
September 14th, 2005, 03:41 AM
#8
Inactive Member
Hi, I know what you mean about running out of room. I have my dolls on top of an armoire in my bedroom. My DH first thought it was kind of cute but now says there it looks as if there is a 'gang' of girls now on the armoire. I recently purchased one of the Girls of Many Lands shelves off of ebay. It came with the hanging hardware and we hung it on the wall in our room. I now have three dolls on these shelves (and can someday have as many as 5). These shelves are great and certainly helped me when I outgrew the space on the armoire! - Meg B.
-
September 14th, 2005, 03:42 AM
#9
Inactive Member
Hi, I know what you mean about running out of room. I have my dolls on top of an armoire in my bedroom. My DH first thought it was kind of cute but now says there it looks as if there is a 'gang' of girls now on the armoire. I recently purchased one of the Girls of Many Lands shelves off of ebay. It came with the hanging hardware and we hung it on the wall in our room. I now have three dolls on these shelves (and can someday have as many as 5). These shelves are great and certainly helped me when I outgrew the space on the armoire! - Meg B.
-
September 14th, 2005, 03:44 AM
#10
Inactive Member
Your ceiling looks very similar! LOL there is just no room! My boyfriend thinks Im crazy to have all these dolls.. he says " those dolls kind of freak me out, they look like they are going to start blinking and walking off their stands at any moment" hehe
I hate to store some and am to attached to get rid of any of them. :/
Oh BTW, I love your pictures.. especially the one of Elizabeth with her hair down... how pretty! [img]smile.gif[/img]
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules
Bookmarks